Network security refers to any activities designed to protect your network. It consists of the provisions and policies implemented by a network administrator to prevent unauthorized access, misuse, or modification of a computer network and data. These provisions also allow monitoring of the network.
Network security involves the authorization of access to data in a network. Users choose or are assigned an ID and password or other authenticating information that allows them access to information and programs within their authority. No single solution protects the network from a variety of threats. The system administrator must use multiple layers of security. If one fails, others still stand.
accomplishes network security through hardware and software. We developed expertise in protecting VoIP platforms. The software must be constantly updated and managed to protect you from emerging threats.
A network security system usually consists of many components. Ideally, all components work together, which minimizes maintenance and improves security.
Network security include among others:
- Anti-virus and anti-spyware
- Firewall, to block unauthorized access to your network
- Intrusion prevention systems (IPS), to identify fast-spreading threats, such as zero-day or zero-hour attacks
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), to provide secure remote access
- Antivirus software
- usage of strong passwords For authentication
- Protecting wireless connection using a robust password.